12.04.2007

Biking with Friends


Rowan has had her bike with training wheels for several weeks---but has been quite timid about riding it. Today, something clicked. After a lot of frustrating "I can't do it!" and a lot of (hopefully patient) encouragement from me, she just got it. It was fun to watch--she rode down to her buddy Zailey's RV, and we tooled around with them for awhile.

Rowan didn't want to wear her helmet when we left, but I insisted (I used to teach bike safety to 2nd graders, so I couldn't let this one slide!) And I was glad I did. You wouldn't think that a 2 year old could create enough velocity for a severe crash...and maybe it wasn't severe, but she did crash. And her helmet hit the ground, protecting her head. Yeah for helmets!

When we went to pick Joe up, she ran across the building into his arms and practically screamed "I rode my bike ALL BY MYSELF!"

To see a few more pictures of the biking, and of our new friends Zailey and Aiken, click here.

No comments: