8.19.2008

Pregnancy at 21 weeks

We arrived back in CA late last night...and had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound already this morning. I missed a pre-natal appointment while we were in MI, so I wanted to get in right away!

Everything looked fine in the ultrasound. We decided to not find out the gender...yet. We had them seal it in an envelope in case we change our minds....but for now, it's still a mystery. The ultrasound experience in CA was much different than in Arkansas with Rowan. A lot more legal stuff surrounding it here...they did a whole series of pictures before even allowing us to see anything, just in case something was woefully wrong. And the ultrasound tech couldn't tell us ANYTHING here...I have to wait for a full report from my doctor next week. She did say that our baby looked fine, though, and through our untrained eyes...it looked perfect!

We saw the heart beating and all 4 of it's chambers, saw the hands, legs, and ten toes and ten fingers....the baby has been really active and I've been feeling it move more and more every day, so it was awesome to SEE it moving around, too. The baby is already over 10 inches long and weighs about a pound. What a miracle!


I included a few photos of my growing belly here...the one at the top is when I was 16 weeks pregnant, the one right above is from 19 weeks. I love this part of pregnancy...well enough into the second trimester that I feel great, have a good appetite, am sleeping fine, and the belly isn't big enough to cause any discomfort yet. I absolutely love being able to feel this child roll and tumble around inside of me...I just can't get enough of it, or get over how amazing it is to be carrying new life. I love seeing my belly getting rounder and bigger every day...I just want to touch it all the time. I am definitely one of those women who loves being pregnant...and I am thankful for that.

6 comments:

Amy Barrett said...

You look so cute! I love the progressive pregnancy pictures with the beach behind you. You look beautiful, as always!

Dana said...

love the belly! i hate that i can't touch it!!!

KIC said...

Love the pictures. You look beautiful!

Kristi said...

What great pregancy pictures. I'm so glad you are enjoying being pregnant, it truly is an amazing experience (although my body does NOT like being pregnant)!

Meghan's Musings said...

:totally unrelated:

Can you believe it! Bryan won!!



:Back to subject:

Yay for new family. I hope I get to see that gorgeous new baby when I get married.

beth b said...

laura!! at 19 weeks, your belly is still soo little and cute! ... and you are in perfect shape! hahha. dang i miss you guys. hope i can meet this baby soon after he or she is here!
p.s. wanted to let you know that our family will be adding 1 in april!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh! wish you were here to tell me what to do every step of the way!!
love you guys
-beth and aaron