3.24.2008

Jenny Visit



Every March for the last several years my sister Jenny and I have managed to get together. I traveled out to Oregon one year when she lived there....and since then, she's mostly made the trip to Jonesboro (once to see a newborn Rowan and help for a week!) This year, she decided (even though she works full-time, is in school full-time, and is planning a wedding for this summer!) to come see us in California over her Spring Break.

It's hard for me to express just how much I love to be with my sister. It's the kind of thing you always HOPE will happen as you get older....that more than just sisters, you'll be good friends. Jenny is truly one of my best friends. We talk on the phone almost every day. She is gracious, kind, self-less, thoughtful, positive, flexible, and gorgeous. Rowan wore her out....and Jenny never once complained about the endless requests to play. We mostly just hung around Stockton...went to the park, brought Rowan to pre-school, did some shopping. It was relaxing and rejuvenating to have her here!

To see more photos of our time together, click here. I took some photos of Jenny to submit to Istockphoto...I've been working on building a portfolio there (designers can search for and download photos to buy..then I get a cut). You can check out my progress here if you are interested. As you will see, Jenny and her fiance Mark are some of my best subjects! I think Jenny is just beautiful...and she was willing to put up with my crazy idea to get some shots of her.



I also added a set to Flickr from a photo shoot I did in Sacramento while Jenny was here (another example of my sister's graciousness...she not only tended to Rowan while I took photos, she also dangled rattles over my head to get the babies' attention!) My friend Edye referred me to 3 moms with their 4/5 month old babies...so I went to their play-date and took lots of photos! It was fun to do this again. Click here to see some.



One other special thing that happened while Jenny was here was an afternoon spent with some dear friends from Jonesboro. Dave and Rebecca Matthew's house was a home-away-from-home for us in Jonesboro, they are a family who took us in...gave us good advice, loved us, let us show up unannounced to swim in their pool and then fed us fabulous dinners. Ironically, they lived in Stockton for many years before they moved to Jonesboro. They were in town just for a few days....and we got to attend church with them, were treated to a yummy lunch with some of their old friends from Stockton, and then wandered around downtown with them and their two sons, Micah and Ben. We were reminded of why we always gravitated to their house in Jonesboro...good conversation, lots of laughter. It made me really miss Jonesboro. I forgot my camera that day...so no photos to post....but it really made us feel special to get a chunk of their time when they had so little of it in Stockton.

No comments: