4.15.2008

First Decathlon

Joe will compete in his first decathlon of the season tomorrow at Azusa Pacific University outside of Los Angeles. It's part of the Mt. Sac Relays...just held earlier in the week and at a different location than the rest of the events!

We had a bit of a rough start to the travels yesterday. The plan was for me and Rowan to travel down to LA with Joe, pulling the RV. Then I woke up with a nasty stomach bug. I spent all day in bed (with frequent visits to the bathroom). Joe left for LA late afternoon...and Rowan and I stayed behind in the hopes that I would feel better by this morning and could come today. A few miles from home, the truck wouldn't go. Joe managed to limp the truck and RV back to the house...then decided to just leave for LA in the Mercedes (our new car that we traded our camera for!) and get a hotel. Unfortunately, Joe got sick during the night last night. We're praying that he feels better by tonight and can get some food and sleep and be ready for tomorrow! Being sick the day before a decathlon isn't exactly the ideal.

I feel much better today, and luckily, our roommate Yoo was going to LA as well...so Rowan and I are riding down with him this afternoon.

The dec starts at 1:00 tomorrow....I'll post results tomorrow and Thursday--so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Dana said...

I cannot believe Joe got sick! I hope he's 100% better tomorrow!!!

Amy Barrett said...

I found your blog and I love it! Rowan is getting so big and is so beautiful! I can't wait to keep checking it out!

Kate said...

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20080416

Interesting article about athlete funding and how it impacts results. Best of luck, hope you are both feeling better soon!