7.10.2008

Rowan-isms

Today Rowan and I were snuggling on the beach and talking about the new baby. Conversation turned to breastfeeding, and she was asking lots of questions. I told her how much I loved breastfeeding her, and she asked in the sweetest voice: "Mommy, what was your favorite part about milking me?"

Coming up from the beach the other day, Rowan turned to her grandma and in a very serious voice said "I have really bad news! Grandma, we're going to have to fly back to California!"

A few days earlier, Rowan said to grandma: "I don't get to see my cousins when I'm in California. What a bummer!"

And this one she has said to several people, when asked about whether she would prefer a brother or a sister: "well, I want a sister. Daddy wants a boy, but if God decides to give us a girl, daddy is just going to have to deal with it!" (and I promise she is not just repeating what I have said! She has probably overheard conversation about Joe wanting a boy eventually...but nothing about him having to "deal" with a girl!)

Three year-olds are a lot of fun!

No comments: