1.14.2009

Dreaming of Seamless Socks

So a few weeks ago I had a dream that I was at the store and came across some seamless socks for kids. They were $20 a pair in my dream, which didn't deter me a bit...I bought 3 pairs and was really happy about it.

Pretty bad if I'm dreaming about seamless socks, right?

Dreams always tell us something. Well, I figured this dream was telling me to go and google seamless socks, because surely they existed and could help with our morning dressing situation.

They do exist. They are $8 a pair, which compared to the $20 in my dream didn't sound too bad. I ordered 3 pairs last week, they arrived Monday.

And mornings are back to semi-normal.

Who knew that I could be so happy about a pair of socks!

If anyone has heard of seamless panties for kids (not the fancy ones for adults that make it look like you have no underwear seams...but TRULY seamless panties in kids sizes) let me know.

A quick update on sleep since the last posting about Piper: they always say sleep will get better and better as the weeks go on. Not true the last 4 days. We've had some really rough nights...and the thought of sleeping 2 hours straight now seems like a pretty good deal. Hasn't happened lately.

Socks: much better.
Sleep: not so much.

7 comments:

Polly said...

Hang in there friend! You are a great mom!

Andy said...

Hey, Laura and Joe! This is Andy Hill, Micah Hill's wife. Do you remember me? I know it's been forever. I randomly found your blog today and have been enjoying reading about what you've been up to. Anyways, I wanted to see if you've had Piper checked for reflux. Our daughter had it and it was exactly like you're describing with Piper. Just thought I'd mention it to you. Glad to hear that you guys are doing well even though you're in the midst of infant craziness!

Anonymous said...

Need your current address--we have a little box we want to send the girls.

The reflux idea is a good one---David wants to visit with you guys. He is free this weekend.

Parenting teaches us that we don't know what we are doing most of the time. It drives us to our knees, forges the beginnings of humility, prepares us for the next stages.

My fathers' quote: "Raising children is like being pecked to death by a duck." :)

You will get through this intact!

Andy said...

Micah had your blog bookmarked -- I think maybe he heard about it from Dan -- and I just found it the other day when I was cleaning out our favorites.

Yes, girls are the best!! And at least with an opinionated kid, you don't have to wonder what they're thinking! :o) Hope things are getting better with Piper -- let me know if you need any info on reflux because I have a ton of it!

Andy
(andreahill4@hotmail.com)

*::*Peace*::*Love*::*and*::*Smiles*::* said...

Hi this is Sean Terrells Kid, and I wanted to let you know I have posted some pictures of my mom being Pregnant so take a look if you get a chance!

Kristie said...

Hey Laura! I laughed so hard when I read about the socks and jeans aversion that Rowan has. I was just like that when I was little. I was probably about 7 years old before my grandmother could get me to wear a pair of jeans. And the socks-well, not only did the seems have to be perfect, but my shoe strings had to be the perfect amount of tightness as well. Lol, but the good news is that I grew out of it :) So there is hope! Although, I am still particular about the way shoes fit.

Kim said...

Hey, for what it is worth, both of our girls slept in their car seats sometimes at night for the first few months. I know its unorthodox, but the doctor said it was fine to do. Just a thought. They slept like...well....babies when we did that. More importantly, I got some much needed sleep. Love you-