6.05.2008

Joe to Texas

Joe is competing in a decathlon in Dallas, Texas on Saturday and Sunday. He still needs to get a high enough score to qualify for the Trials on June 29-30. Looks like he will need a score in the 7800 point range to be safe. It's been a bit of a stressful couple of months because Joe never expected it to be this late in the season without a qualifier. Say lots of prayers that everything goes well this weekend! There shouldn't be any rain...but it looks like it will be really hot!

I'll post results on the blog after each day. There will not be live results available, so I'll post in the evening after each day is done.

In other Cebulski news, my pregnancy must be progressing well because I feel like I have the flu all day, every day. I wish I had the stereotypical food cravings...instead, I have a food aversion to just about everything. Problem is, I'm hungry all the time! I haven't been able to cook a meal in weeks (I would just puke in it)...and am subsisting on cheerios, cheese pizza, popsicles, and ginger ale. Those are the only things that consistently sound like they will make it past the gag reflex.

During my early months of pregnancy when it is not yet obvious that I am pregnant, I want to wear a t-shirt that reads something like this:

"Yes, my belly is pooching. I did not just eat a big lunch, or drink too much beer, or forget to exercise enough for the last 3 years (ok, maybe that one). I am growing an actual live human being inside of me, complete with a heart, ten fingers, and eyelashes, thank you very much."

4 comments:

James Hewitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James Hewitt said...

I have already prayed for Joe. I hate that we are not there for you during this time. I also hate that we are not living in Cali. I hate that it is nice there and it is 90 with 90% humidity here. But most of all I hat that our kids are not able to grow up together. I love and miss you guys.

Scott Williams said...

I accidently found your blog while trying to find out information about the meet you were attending in Dallas this past week. I was interested to keep up with the results as I am a friend of Jonathan Collins. I was excited to see that you and JC are friends through his blog. I've read through your blog and am excited about all that you are doing to reach your dreams. I haven't heard yet how you did, but I hope you did well!

Blessings on you and your family!

Scott

Scott Williams said...

Congrats! I saw that you posted over 7900 for an automatic to the trials!

God Bless!
Scott