6.18.2008

Posing

Rowan usually does NOT like to get her picture taken. She came with me to a photo shoot last week...and decided she wanted to be a part of it. She actually got on the backdrop and asked me to take some pictures---not normal Rowan behavior! I just snapped a few, her hair was wild and her face was dirty, but I thought these were pretty cute. She was totally posing!The other day Rowan was fanning me with a paper fan and she said "do you want me to warm you up?" and I said "you mean, cool me down?" and she laughed, then replied: "Sometimes I get mixed-up. I'm just a kid, so I can't always remember the right word!"

I went down to LA for the weekend (more on that later) so Rowan and Joe got to hang out a lot. Out of the blue one day while they were in the car, Rowan said to Joe: "Sometimes I like to just be with you. Mommy's cool, and sometimes it's fun to just be with her. But I like to just be with you, too." Another time over the weekend, she told him "you're like my best friend!" Not a bad Father's Day weekend!

5 comments:

The Vander Meydens said...

Wow! Rowan looks like she's 8 years old!! Hey--I got your message earlier. We were camping last week. I'll try to catch up with you in the next few days, ok?

Amy said...

Rowan looks so grown up, I cannot believe it! At least her voice sounds the same when I heard it over the phone. All of you, and especially the new little one on the way, are always in our hearts and prayers. We love you guys so much!

lindsey said...

ah!!!! i love you guys so much. what a beautiful daughter you are raising. i can not wait to see you guys again... and i might just have to come to cali to do it :) give joe a BIG congrats from me as well... that's awesome!!! love love love u guys so much.

Amy Barrett said...

you should submit the first picture of Rowan to a magazine. It is georgous. she is georgous! Congratulations Joe for making it to the Olympic Trials! We'll be watching!

Dana said...

Oooh how i miss that girl!!!! I couldn't stop laughing at all those Rowanisims!!!! :-) give her a kiss from aunt Dana!!!!!